Old 11-10-2004, 02:56 AM
Rodger Whitlock

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 18:27:10 +0100, "Spider"
wrote:

I would love to grow Colchicum aggrippinum, but the price puts them beyond
my reach. Has anyone on this ng grown them from seed? How well do they
germinate? How long from germination to flowering size?

I would be grateful for any information - it doesn't have to be based on
experience.

I have C. bornmuelleri grown from seed. As I recall, the seeds took a
long time to germinate -- years -- and then even longer to flower.
Something like ten or fifteen years from seed to first flowers.

Patience is the byword.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, BC, Canada