Old 11-10-2004, 10:53 AM
ex WGS Hamm

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:08:03 GMT, ex WGS Hamm wrote:

Here in UK squirrels are not as much of a pest as they are in
merkinland.

Depends which bit of the UK, round these parts greys are shot on
sight. This part of the UK mainland being one of the few places that
still has native Reds in residence.

I never said they weren't pests, but generally not as much of a pest as they
are over there and Canada. When I ived in Canada they were simply
everywhere, as common as starlings over here. They chewed into the loft
space and caused mayhem. I still liked them though and I'm afraid I fed them
every morning, even getting several to come and take peanuts from my hand.
My Canadian husband gave dire warnings about them being vicious, savage, etc
and called them tree rats. Still I fed them and never got bitten.