Old 11-10-2004, 06:28 AM
patriarch

Frogleg wrote in
:

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 07:05:00 -0700, "Kenneth D. Schillinger"
wrote:

I am currently fencing in an area roughly 60' X 200' and doing a fall
tilling, (unfortunately my Gravley needs attention, but that is another
issue).
What I would like now is some garden software to help design a garden,
taking into account such things as companion planting, and calculate the
necessary planting required for probable yield.

The general concensus is that there is no home garden planning or
design software worthy of recommendation. This kind of request usually
produces the "get some graph paper" answer. You are your own best
judge of how much and what you'd like to grow. Any good gardening
reference will give you ideas of how much space, water, and light the
plants will need. Don't forget to leave space for you to work in.

Any chance of talking to your county ag agent, or a local gardening club?
Local recommendations might be helpful to somebody either starting out, or
moving to a different scale than that with which they are familiar.

Patriarch,
grower of way too many cherry tomatoes...