Old 11-10-2004, 03:52 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "yves" contains these words:

Just a silly question: Is it easy to find apple rootstock for sell in UK?
I mean for a "private individual"...I don't need a "500 pieces" bunch..
I have been looking for such provider in France without success even if I
can buy any imaginable grafted apple tree without any problem.

I have done a google research and so far my only finding was a german
producer selling english rootstock (east malling) in his
french/english/german web site: nothing in France, nothing in Great Britain
so far...

How many do you want? I've just found someone who has an apple tree
which died, but the rootstock has grown.

I don't know what the variety is, but the apples are large, codling
colour as far as I can see - most are now rotten - and they have flat
sides. The apple is a sort-of rounded cube.

I intend getting some cuttings - if this is any use, how many do you
need? (I won't be able to get very many.)

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/