Old 11-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Kelly Houston

LAH wrote:
I hate the *%#$@ things! I know I'll be accused of being a troll but you
really have to be here to understand my hatred. My open front porch is on
the south side of the house. At this time of year it is virtually unusable
thanks to those red and black spotted menaces! Opening the front door is
like to walking into a swarm! Actually the front door simply can't be used
at this time of year. I wish the jerk who imported these things had to live
with them like I do. Kill a ladybug, save an aphid!

A number of companies sell asian ladybug traps. They run about $30,
though it sounds like you might need more than one. They use a
combination of a battery-operated light and a pheromone lure to attract
the ladybugs into a collector.

Gardener's Supply sells them, as does the Vermont Country Store, and
Cooper Seeds.

www.gardeners.com
www.vermontcountrystore.com
www.cooperseeds.com