Old 12-10-2004, 02:43 AM
SugarChile

The standard advice is to wait until after they are hit by heavy frost. I
don't like to do so, because the foliage gets slimy and unpleasant to deal
with. It's also not much fun to be mucking about in the dirt when it's
frosty outside. So I take mine down and out on a nice sunny day while they
are still green. Indian summer is the perfect weather for it.

If this is your first time digging them up, you will be amazed at how much
the rhizomes have multiplied! Have fun,
Sue

--

Zone 6, South-central PA

Now... WHEN to dig up the cannas? Some of mine are still flowering, and
others
are turning yellow, along with the dedicious trees.

Can I yank them out and hack them down while in full bloom?
TIA