Old 12-10-2004, 01:07 PM
Doug Kanter

"DJboutit" wrote in message
I live in Houston Tx my back yard backs up to a bayou my back yard is like
1/4 to 1/2 acre. Need good tips or ideas for attracting bird bees
butterflies & bats to my back yard. Right now I have 2 bird feeders bird
bath bird house in my yard the plants I have are 2 big tress 1 medium size
tree some bushes small vine lots of small plants. What elese can I do to
attarct wild life to my back yard I am not looking for squerals.

Get yourself a butterfly bush. My new house came with one and it's amazing.
There were so many butterflies & bees around it (until the cold weather
arrived) that it looked like something out of a Disney movie: animated bug
banquet. However, if anyone in the household is terrified of bees, don't
plant it near any of the doors to the house. Mine attracted bees the size of
golf balls. I still managed to weed around the bush during feeding time
without being bothered. A couple of times, the bees smacked into my arm in
their rush to get back to the feast. I think they're like little kids
rushing to the piņata at a birthday party - they don't notice anything else.

Oh....and the flowers smell terrific.