Old 12-10-2004, 04:31 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Water PH

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 07:15:50 GMT, "mostyn30" wrote:

I have no fish in my pond as yet, I will be stocking next spring but I was
wondering I haven't tested my ph as yet if I get a high reading how does one
lower the ph and or if the ph is very low how does one raise it, so it will
accommodate Japanese Koi.
I have never kept Japanese koi before so I know it is not an easy thing to
do I am a complete beginner with koi.
Mostyn

If the pH is over 8.4 soak the pond with a gallon of muriatic acid per
1,000 gallons till pH stays well below 7.0 (add more if acid if necessary).
Drain, rinse, fill, check pH after a month of sitting. Repeat above if
necessary.

If pH is under 6.5. Add baking soda, 1 cup/1000 and retest, repeat till pH
is where you want it. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~