Old 12-10-2004, 08:14 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "St. George" St. contains these words:

And what the heck ?.
Explain to this dumbo again why cross-posting is so offensive.
And why, if it is so objectionable, does the server make cross-posting
possible ? ? ? ?.

I have cross-posted for six years on and off without a single problem

Had everyone stuck to giving a reply to the original query instead of self
opinionated inputs, which ultimately had no bearing, the world would go on
happpppppily spinning instead of almost coming to a stop.

Quite: people don't, and this is why crossposting is generally unwelcome.

It has its uses, and I don't agree with the blanket condemnation the
practice has invoked here, but due to its abuses I kill anything which
is crossposted to more than two groups.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/