Old 12-10-2004, 01:25 PM
simy1

Steve wrote in message ...
simy1 wrote:
Local farmers have things here that are redder (as opposed to dark red
maroon that seems the standard for Red Delicious these days), smaller,
a bit tarter, and somewhat less uniformly colored than storebought
delicious. Certainly some of the 60 cultivars that Steve describes in
his wonderful post......................

Thanks, I wondered if anyone would read it. It got kind of long and I'm
guilty myself of skimming over a long post pretty fast unless it grabs
me. I love stories like that though and I love the fact that little
histories like that were not all lost over time.

Steve

I usually skip too - but that one was interesting enough to read through.