Old 13-10-2004, 04:43 AM
Sterling

thanks - I probably fill about 30 yard bags each fall. Can't afford one
of the big ones, but don't want to buy cheap and have it die on me.

pat wrote:
Hi Sterling:

My folks got me this same looking unit. Burned it up first year. IMO
not for large volume use. 2-5 yard bags ok 100 not so okay. Do not
let leaves pile up under unit to height of motor. This being said
found another at yard sale and bought for my mother who has used 7-10
yrs now on only few bags leaves/year. Before riding mower bought 5hp
chipper/shredder which would eat about anything. We have hugh oak
trees and would haul 3-4 pick truck/topper loads to country per year.
Again light duty use(use heavier cord/trimmer string) an ok unit.

Pat R

Sterling wrote in message ...

http://www.gardeners.com/Shopping/se...a%2Ejpg&flash=

Anybody tried this or any other kind?

Get about a billion leaves every fall and I have a blower that converts
to a mulch/vac with a bag but it fills up so fast.

I'd like something that can take the odd pinecone or sweet gum seed ball
without croaking. If it could chew up ivy, that would be ideal. I don't
need it to do limbs or sticks.

Any input appreciated.