Old 13-10-2004, 01:59 AM
Nedra

Well ... I don't know about any one else But your cavalier attitude about
the
fish kill is nothing but sickening! I just don't care to read anymore about
it.

Nedra

"Roy" wrote in message
Temps are supposed to be in the low 70's for the next week or so, and
tomorrow night, its supposed to drop down into the low 60's, and the
next night its supposed to get to the low 40's...............duh! Oh
well all good things must end sooner or later..........probably take
quite awhile for pond temps to drop much though unless we get a lot of
wind which is highly unlikely this time of year......The way it goes
though, next week it will be back up in the 80's.......

Also had the 2nd fish kill now whichmakes it 2 in a row. maybe fro the
way it was outside today its possile I may get a third........O2
starvation is really thinning out the fish populationin the main pond
pretty darn good......spent another half day collecting the victims.As
long as I keep the fountain and water falls going in the enclosure the
koi will do fine and thats my maian concern.......of course in the
morning when yu go out to see whats happened, you sort of feel sorry
when you look over under thre fountain and see a heap of fish all
sucking in the water thats aerated...........so while they are all
congregated in the good water but still kind of sluggish from lack
of a good quanity O2, I can easily catch most of them with the large
dip net or a cast net............

Today I added another small preform that connects to that three tier
cascade feature. Also ordered a new Sequence pump, so I can starat tp
really push some water over that cascade and the water fall and
hopefull add some height to thr fountain. While those el cheapo Harbor
Freight clear water 1" pumps work, they leave a lot to be
desired...........Guess I'll get to see what 3800 gph water flow from
ther Sequence is as compared to the 300 gph flow the harbor reight 1"
pump puts out! Should be like night and day.........So tomorrow I have
to go dig up some dirt/ mud in the water garden area and start to run
some PVC water supply lines as well as run a suction line out in to
the pond.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.