Old 13-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Nina Shishkoff

(Jim Lewis) wrote
For some reason, Serissa questions seem to have fallen to me (of
ALL people) to answer, lately.

I take pity on you, Jim. So I will take over.

It is not widely known, but I once had a serissa. It lived outside in
the summer and in a glassed-in porch in the winter. It was no problem
at all until I moved to a house that didn't have a glassed-in porch.

I don't think botanists wander in the semi-tropical forests of China
and say "Look at those finicky serissas dropping their leaves! I
wonder what's wrong with them?" I suspect Serissas aren't finicky at
all when they are given the proper conditions. They like high
humidity and they like to be cool in winter. In summer, they like
dappled sunlight OUTDOORS.

Nina, who has to fit a bonsai in the front seat of her miata and drive
way the hell to Blooming Grove, NY this weekend.