Old 13-10-2004, 02:15 PM
shazzbat

"belly" wrote in message
nk.net...
On 13 Oct 2004 08:19:00 GMT in
uViCr8LlbtmJ-pn2-LhbX1Of8umK8@poblano, "Stan Goodman"
graced the world with this thought:

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 00:15:32 UTC, belly opined:

I use water with a little ammonia in it for washing my windows... is
it OK to throw the leftover water on the compost pile?

Ammonia is a natural component of urine.

I know that, it's why I ask. Now, would it be OK to dump two gallons
of urine on a small compost pile?

It's kind of traditional to put urine in the compost. It may be because when
one is in the allotment or garden, It is inconvenient to go to a toilet or
get cleaned up to the point where the wife lets you indoors, especially if
you have lots more work to do. Some people say that using it neat is not a
good idea, so I get a bucket half full of water, retreat to the shed, pee in
the bucket, and put that on the compost. No problem.

Steve