Old 13-10-2004, 02:37 PM
Stan Goodman

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:48:50 UTC, belly opined:

On 13 Oct 2004 08:19:00 GMT in
uViCr8LlbtmJ-pn2-LhbX1Of8umK8@poblano, "Stan Goodman"
graced the world with this thought:

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 00:15:32 UTC, belly opined:

I use water with a little ammonia in it for washing my windows... is
it OK to throw the leftover water on the compost pile?

Ammonia is a natural component of urine.

I know that, it's why I ask. Now, would it be OK to dump two gallons
of urine on a small compost pile?

Ah, you said initially that it was "water with a little ammonia in it". Now
it sounds like much stronger stuff. Concentration is an important parameter.

What you need to do is to have more carbon (straw, paper, whatever) in the
compost than you would normally have. The nitrogen you've added (ammonia)
will rot the straw, and you'll come out with an improved compost.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

Saddam is gone. Ceterum, censeo Arafat esse delendam.