Old 13-10-2004, 03:03 PM
julian doherty julian doherty is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston
I have a Danner 1800 gal pump in my 500 gallon pond. It draws from a
skimmer and pushes out to a waterfall w/biofalls. The pump is forever
clogging up and it is getting old having to get the pump out of the pond and
remove the hoses every other week to clear it. (My 'barometer' that its
time to clean is when the waterfall slows to a trickle).

The skimmer has a cheesy basket in it which obviously allows too much debris
to pass. Any suggestions on what I can add - perhaps an inline filter - to
keep the pump clear?

Thanks!

Dave in Des Moines
takeout any prefilters which look like pan scourers and chuck them away.
Buy two plastic kitchen culinders place them facing each other, will look like a football with a handle on.Cut a hole in the bottom of one half, insert pump inlet,tight fit and secure on inner edge. Next attach other half using nylon ties. Any debris that manages to go through the small holes will not damage your pump. My system has been running for several years and has never needed cleaning. Hope this helps jules.