Old 13-10-2004, 09:06 PM
Rick

"Nicholas Murray" arwenick"AT"acay.com.au wrote in message
So the PMDD doses recommended vary from 2 to 40 drops per day for a 54 l
tank?
All I can say is that 4drops/day has not yet allowed measurable iron or
nitrate in the tank.
I'll experiment.

Nick.

and experiment is what you have to do. I use the 2 drops per 10 gallon rule
in my 77g planted tank however I also dry dose some ferts in particular KN03
to keep my levels up. There are a lot of variables such as density of
planting, amount of growth etc. The dose rate is simply a starting
guideline. INHO 40 drops in 54 litres of PMDD will simply result in a major
algae outbreak however YMMV.

Rick