Old 13-10-2004, 05:31 PM
Merle O'Broham

(audrey) wrote in message . com...
Last weekend I was planting some bulbs, and for each hole that I dug I
found at least 3 grubs (mid-sized ones not huge yet). They weren't
there last year. Where did they come from and how do I get rid of
them? My front lawn is also dead. I thought because too much sun and
too much fertilizer, but it was the grubs that did it!!! I'm not sure
what type of grubs I have. They have a white body with a yellow head
and a black tail?

Please, please, somebody help me!!! I'm near Washington DC. Thanks
so much.

Audrey

Grubs will not only eat away the roots of the grass, but make your
lawn irresistable to digging squirrels and raccoons. They're beetle
larvae and can fly in from anywhere.

Hit your lawn with season long grub killer in the spring and use an
instant killer like GrubX as necessary. Seed the heck out of the lawn
in spring. If you're a millionaire, till the entire lawn with
pesticide and start with fresh sod.