Old 13-10-2004, 08:11 PM
M. Tiefert

On 13 Oct 2004 10:15:12 -0700, Justin wrote:

Hi, I am planning to install a small DIY irrigation system in my 1000
sq. foot backyard. I have a hose spigot in the back of the house, and
have been told that for a small system I can probably connect it
directly to the spigot rather than running a new water line before the
spigot. Can anyone advise on this? The system I envision would be set
up like a drip system, but using conventional RainBird (or equivalent)
pop up heads. I would connect an anti-siphon valve to the spigot, then
a battery operated timer, then PVC pipe would run into the ground and
out to the yard. Any advice is appreciated. I don't need multiple
zones and would like to do this as simply as possible.

You sound like you have done a lot of the homework already! You might also
need a pressure regulator* and a fertilizer injector, and you'll probably
want to install a 2- to 4-way splitter at the spigot so that you don't
have to undo the connection to the PBC pipe when you want water for other
things, like to fill a bucket or wash hands.

*if the line pressure is too much higher than what your system needs.

cheers,

Marj
--
Mediterranean Garden Advice and Shop: http://stores.tiefert.com/garden/