Old 13-10-2004, 07:40 PM
Rob Halgren

Betsy wrote:

I have a Phal and it's little roots are growing out the holes on the bottom
of the plastic container. Should I bother replanting or just leave well enuf
alone. The rest do not look as if there is any problem.

If you haven't repotted it in the last year or so, now is a good
time. Phals will start sending up flower spikes soon (I have lots, and
my phals aren't even that happy), and it is best to not repot something
in spike. Repotting now has nothing to do with roots escaping the
bottom. That is a good sign, don't repot just because of that...

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )