Old 11-10-2004, 04:01 AM
Roy

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 00:46:22 GMT, Crashj
wrote:

===On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 02:05:56 GMT, (Roy)
===wrote:
===
===While I only ever had a few instances of a fish jumping out of a
===preform (wifes 1/2 barrel) I certaily don;t want to have it happen
===again if possible. They have not shown any signs of trying to jump
===out since.
===
===Yeah, mine hardly ever jump out twice.
===;-)

Well being that I had to cut and install a spill way into theone end
of the newest preform I installed yesterday I can only fill it to
about 5/8 to 3/4" from the top edge or so but I also added a layer of
those nice flat rocks I picked up the other day that is like
flagstone. Nice to work with and splitting it into various thickness
is easy as pie, and makes for having a nice fitting stone edge...

Have a sensitive fern running along one entire side, with its leaves
extending up and over the rock edgeing, and also a few parropts
feathers poking up in the cracks here and there as well as on the
spillway, 2 miniature water lillys, and some frogbit. Threw in 6
feeder comets that were esentially freebies at the new Petco that
opened for business today.......No pump, as it gets its water from the
main pond and utilizes flow through. Now I have to install the
little preform that was there previously at the end of a three tier
water cascade........

Hopefully by weeks end my new pump is here for the water supply system
for the pond, and I can increase flow of fountain and waterfalls etc.
Its a sequence value flow.......of 38xx gph. Presently using a Harbor
freight 1" clearwater pump of 300gph and it works pretty good but
burns over 550 watts for the amount of water it puts out......and will
not support any additional features, but hopefully this Sequence will
do the trick. I was also given a 1/2 hp Hayward Super pump but it
consumes a heap of electricty, so I will just save it for some other
project.
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.