Old 13-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Derek Broughton

Ka30P wrote:

Rob wrote:
What is a dyi filter?

Do It Yourself.

I'm pretty sure 'dyi' is an acronym for "Do yourself in" :-)

Or in my case, Husband Builds It Himself. HBIH.
We decided to go that route as we didn't like the looks or capcity of any
of the commercial ones available. Building it allowed us to build a
waterfall around it and hide it from view. We've tinkered with it over the
years. Started out as a strictly mech/bio filter and is now just a plant
filter with no mech filtering at all except what is swept up by the roots
of the water hyancinth or trapped in the roots of the watercress in the
waterfall. (This development is just sheer laziness on our part, or maybe
the product of having three teenagers and no life or money ;-)

No, no, no. It's _not_ laziness. You're simply trying to design a filter
which will work for the millions of _other_ ponders out there who _are_
lazy. It's just a public service on your part :-)

Anyway, why on earth would anyone want a high-maintenance setup? - you spend
so much time keeping the pond working, you don't get to enjoy the pond.
--
derek