Old 13-10-2004, 06:20 PM
Robert

Ellie C wrote:
: Hi All,
:
: I recently moved to the south of France from the northeast part of the
: US, so I'm completely unused to the new climate, and am not sure what
: to expect. I have planted some raspberry bushes and I'm wondering if I
: should expect them to shed their leaves in the autumn, or if they stay
: green all year. Where I'm from, in Massachusetts, the leaves would
: have fallen by now, so I'm just a bit surprised to see these small
: plants looking very green and happy.
:
: Do they need any special treatment to make them stop growing before
: winter (such as it is) sets in? Stop watering them perhaps?
:
: Thanks,
:
: Ellie (whose French isn't yet up to posting in the French gardening
: group!)

Bonjour!

The south of France is a far cry from here and I imagine they take longer to
lose their leaves, if indeed they do. I wouldn't think you force them to do
anything though but take it as a little extra.

Au revoir Ellie