Old 14-10-2004, 03:11 AM
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
I'm in zone 6 and its getting chilly at nights. I have Elephants Ears
in a container, and I'd like to keep it around for next year.

When do I bring it in to store the bulbs? Should I take the bulb out
or can I just store it in the container? Is just leaving the
container in the room with my other indoor plants an option?

Swyck

It's a free country. You can do whatever you want. But, elephant ears are
worth treating with care because after 2-3 years, the bulbs get really
powerful and will make leaves that frighten burglars away. So, browse
through the subject lines in this newsgroup for the subject line "Storing
Cannas ...", dated 10/9/04. Find the message I wrote which describes a
somewhat involved way of cleaning, protecting and storing bulbs for winter.
Do the same for your elephant ears.