Old 14-10-2004, 12:37 PM
SVTKate

As posted below:
I used to use the little skewers that you buy to make kabobs with. It only
took a couple of weeks and they were happily crapping all over my grass
instead of my flower beds.

Since I am now a domestic slave to a feline (those who have cats and think
otherwise are deluding themselves) I have learned a few things.
My kitty always wants to sniff whatever I am cooking or eating. Of course I
do not always humor her, but there are times when I choose to amuse her.
After all, cats aren't the only ones that can be independent when they want
to be.

She does NOT like anything citrus or onions or garlic. She scrinches up her
face and backs off giving me a look that says "WHY did you do that to me?"

So, you may be able to grind up citrus peels, garlic and/or onions and
sprinkle this concoction about to see if it helps. I read recently that a
cat's sense of smell is something like 300 times what ours is.

In the past, before the bamboo skewers and Miss izzy, I tried all sorts of
things to ward off cats. Pepper flakes do not work. Some snail granules
(Corey's) attract kittys.

Kate

"Jimmy Egan" wrote in message
et...
| Is there a safe and natural way to keep cats from using my nice never
walked
| on garden beds as a litter box ? I have tried hot pepper flakes and
ammonia
| without success. This is becoming a large problem. Especially when your
yard
| begins to smell of cat urine and feces. It is a small yard in suburban
Long