Old 14-10-2004, 02:18 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Ka30P" wrote in message
Fred wrote Will the frog do any harm ?

All depends on the frog. Bullfrogs are the only frog who will eat fish.

They
are large, but so are Greenfrogs, who don't eat fish.
Bullfrogs have a very deep call (only the males call) and they have a
distinctive fold of skin that goes around their ear drum. Greenfrogs don't

have
this fold.
Here is a picture
http://tinyurl.com/6lmrm
At the bottom of the page there is a link that shows a picture of a

Greenfrog.

If you have a bullfrog and don't want it to eat your fish you can catch it

and
move it to a natural waterway.

My pond was at capacity with Green Frogs at the beginning of the season, and
now we hardly see any, anymore. We do however have 3-4 Bull's swimming
around. Big ole frogs, to be sure.

More on frogs, http://www.iheartmypond.com/Animals/Amphibians/Frogs/.

BV.