Old 14-10-2004, 05:00 PM
Merle O'Broham

wrote in message . ..
I'm in zone 6 and its getting chilly at nights. I have Elephants Ears
in a container, and I'd like to keep it around for next year.

When do I bring it in to store the bulbs? Should I take the bulb out
or can I just store it in the container? Is just leaving the
container in the room with my other indoor plants an option?

Swyck

I'm in zone 5b and last year I whacked the foliage after the first
really good overnight freeze (right around now) and put the bulbs
(really a good sized root ball) in pots in the basement. They started
growing by a dim basement window. Yes, you can keep them alive over
the winter indoors. Watch for pests since you're bringing an outdoor
plant in with your other indoor plants. I understand that they're
really hardy, so as long as you don't overwater, they should be just
fine for next year.