Old 14-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Sacha

On 14/10/04 13:18, in article , "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"David Hill" wrote (quoting someone in my "Blocked senders list )

snip
I always thought that this was a group for Adults, but seems to be more
and
more spoiled brats talking over.
Lets get back to gardening related topics and leave all the rest of the
crap
for the compost heap.

I'm with you David. I give people a few chances to redeem themselves after
unsolicited nastiness otherwise they go plonk. Disagreement and discussion
is good but there is no call for simple uncouth rudeness.
So, to me, this Ng is the same as ever just that a few of the excellent
regulars aren't here anymore.

Quite a few, sadly. We've almost lost one ex-professional who is now a very
knowledgeable non-professional; we have lost one who was a professional
garden writer; we have lost some very knowledgeable amateur gardeners that I
can think of and two other very expert amateurs rarely post now. And to the
best of my knowledge all of those (bar one other professional who has other
reasons as well) give the reasons I have raised before.
For those who wish to discuss the subjects that morph into newly
'fashionable' and increasingly long and irrelevant threads, why can't those
go to email? Is it the potential lack of an audience that prevents that?
At one time the email route would have been the norm for urg and if it
hadn't happened, several people would have posted suggesting - *very*
strongly - that it did!
The problem with kill filing, to be frank, is that some of those who appear
to enjoy these prolonged nit-picky discussions are also people who have a
good deal to offer to the group in other ways. I don't want to miss their
every post.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk