Old 14-10-2004, 05:15 PM
Doug Kanter

"Merle O'Broham" wrote in message
om...
"David Hill" wrote in message

I just wonder why you want to pick up the acorns.What are you going to

do
with them?
I have 4 oak trees all over 50 yrs of age which shed loads of acorns but
within a few weeks they are taken by squirrels, Jays, pigeons, mice

etc,
and I doubt if I find more than about 20 a year trying to grow.

Just a guess, but the acorn shells are hard and sharp and don't lend
to a "barefoot lawn". (?) That's why I do it. Wish there was some use
for them. I checked for recipes, but they seem to be more trouble than
they're worth culinarily- is that a word?

It is now, Mr. President. :-)