Old 14-10-2004, 06:52 PM
Jenny

Thanks for the info. I am going to go on the assumption that the trees are
going to be fine. My whole property is a mushroom hunter's delight this
fall, so it's pretty clear why we'd have a problem caused by too much
moisture.

OTOH, the good news is that as wet as it has been, our basement has stayed
dry, which is one of the things you wonder about with a new house.

I have visited the UCONN site, they have a wonderful shrub database which I
used to help decide what kinds of shrubs might survive in our yard.
-- Jenny

"Beecrofter" wrote in message
om...
(Sed5555) wrote in message

I'm not sure we have county extension agents here in MA. I've never

heard
anything about one and I read everything local.

This site lists the extension offices by county:
http://www.umext.maine.edu/counties/county.htm
sed5555

As a result of the land grant colleges and in cooperation with the
USDA there are extension offices in every county of every state.
Something Lincoln came up with. If you look in the govt pages of your
phone book it is likely you will find yours.