Old 14-10-2004, 07:26 PM
Doug Kanter

"FACE" wrote in message

I had considered my yard blower, which has the vacuum attachments, but

past
experience shows that I can eat up it's plastic fan pretty quick if the
wrong thing gets sucked up. (Hickory burrs will do it for one thing).

I don't know how long an extension cord you'd need (and long ones made for
outdoor use are expensive), but a shop vac would make short work of your
acorn situation, and a tool like that should be in every homeowner's arsenal
anyway. One wet basement episode is enough to make you love these machines,
if you get a wet/dry type.

One precaution: Sharp things will sometimes make little holes in the bag you
use to line the vacuum canister. If you vacuum dust afterward, the dust will
blow out the seams where the canister closes. So, if you vacuum acorns, be
sure to replace the bag with a fresh one.

I once used a shop vac to suck up an 8x8 area with Lego bricks 4 inches
deep, so I know they'll handle acorns. You don't want to hear the rest of
THAT story. :-)