Old 14-10-2004, 08:15 PM
JennyC

"mandyp" wrote
Hi
I'm a very inexperienced gardener, but enjoy having a go!

We've recently moved into a house where the garden is nothing short of
a mess. We need a patio removed and an area that is overrun with a
combination of weeds/plants removed. It's too big a job for someone as
inexperienced as we are, does anyone have any idea of what this may
cost before I make enquiries...also, when is the best time to get it
done.

You could have a 'garden party'. Ask friends, rellies etc round for a days
clearing. Provide lots of grub and booze when the jobs done :~))

2nd question, I have privet hedges down both sides of the garden, the
bottom of which is overgrown with a weed that I'm told is called Mayors
tail. I've tried to dig it out but can't get in because of the hedge
roots, anyone got any ideas on how to get rid of it, it's even coming
up through the grass and is everywhere in the patch that I mentioned
above.

Thanks in advance for any help!
mandyp

I think you mean Mares Tail. You could try nuclear warfare on it............. Or
learn to love it :~)) Makes a good foliage plant in flower arrangements :~)

Jenny