Old 15-10-2004, 12:44 AM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:37:19 -0400, "GA Pinhead"
wrote:

Try some Pasillas. Makes the best enchilada sauce. In GA we have fungus
problems on them, but still worth it.

I'm in South Carolina, so I would probably have the same
problems. I haven't grown Pasillas in a few years, though.
I'll add them to my potential list.

Roasted Pimentos, mmmm

There's another I haven't grown in a few years. With the problems
I've had with bell peppers lately, I'm inclined to try other
kinds of sweet peppers.

The Paprika's did pretty good, great for loin roasts.

The habs did well this year, I them trade for food at the Jamaican place in
town. Hey UGA Pepper Mon!

Habs nearly always do well, don't they? I find most varieties of
_C chinense_ to be very hardy.

Biker Billy's were smaller this year despite ALL the rain, but prolific.

We have about another month of growing time and they are all still full of
flowers and small peppers. Then the sun will go away and they all will
die...

The angle of the sun has already slipped enough that half of the
pepper garden is in shade from about 10 am to early afternoon.
It's amazing how fast that happens. I'm still harvesting munches
and bunches of peppers, and I usually manage to eke out my
harvest until the first hard freeze. Most years that's around
Thanksgiving, but I do have to protect the plants from frosts
before then.

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"