Old 15-10-2004, 02:58 AM
Pam - gardengal

"Anonny Moose" wrote in message
I live in an area of nursery growers. They haul huge loads of bushes and
trees and occasionally something will fall off the truck for some passerby
to claim. Today I was the lucky one and came across a shrub of some sort
that has square stems. Anyone know of any shrubs with square stems that

grow
in a climate like that of the Portland, OR area? If given a few names I

can
do the research to id this thing... or perhaps there is a key online

someone
can suggest?

Thanks in advance.
Karen

Square stems are a characteristic of the mint family, Lamiaceae. This is a
huge family and includes things like lavender, salvias (sages), rosemary,
oregano, coleus, etc. Shrubby members are most likely to be salvia or
rosemary or Teucrium (germander).

pam - gardengal