Old 11-10-2004, 03:09 PM
Happy'Cam'per

Default OT - Whats the world coming to?

Greetings Porgers

I stay behind a large property that has been declared a bird sanctuary. Its
absolutely beautiful, many trees and lush growth from other flora and loads
of Bird life. This weekend my cat dissapeared for longer than usual and we
(my GF and I) were pretty worried. When we came back from our usual Saturday
morning shopping spree the cat had returned, albeit in a 'state'. She had a
small copper wire sticking out of her neck!!!!!!!!

After rushing her off to the local emergency vet it was discovered that she
had been caught in a snare!!!!!!!! The vet told us that these types of
snares were usually used for catching guinea fowl!!!!! Needless to say I was
completely devastated, how bloody disgusting can you get? In a Bird
Sanctuary of all places!!!!!

Anyway, we phoned the police and they raided the area late last night (for
vagrants). All of this in quite an upmarket area of Johannesburg's Northern
Suburbs. I simply cannot get my head around this and every time I think
about my poor baby struggling to free herself I get so wound up. Anyway, she
(the cat) is fine and on her way to a quick recovery.

Do you think after all that trauma that she would from now on possibly avoid
that particular area? (I've only been keeping cats for 2 years and am still
recognising their habits and quirks). Sorry this is off topic but I know
that alot of you have cats.
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**