Old 12-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Nedra

Ruth,
I'm glad you like kittie-cats! My cats were always indoor-outdoor cats
until several years
ago when one of them caught a horrible unknown disease. Two separate vets
took blood samples,etc and in general tried to help Sammy. He was beyond
help and
died in my arms a week after becoming sick - he was the best cat I have ever
known. Coal Black and Huge! Since that happened I vowed I would never ever
let a cat roam free.
I have lots of traffic now so it is just as well my two are indoor cats.
As for keeping screens on the windows, etc.... we couldn't live in Missouri
without
screens! Same goes for sliders.... they all have screens. When my little
Siamese
Snowshoe gets rambanctious and climbs the screen door I walk up to him and
tell
him "Sweetie, someone will steal you!" He either knows what I'm saying or
recognizes
the tone of voice... at any rate he backs down and lays in front of the
door.
So, I guess it just depends upon where your coming from - - -
Nedra

"rtk" wrote in message
I don't have a cat now, but I've had 6 adults and countless kittens, for
all of whom I found homes when I gave them away free. I did let them go
out all the time, but I know they didn't go after birds because all of
them very kindly brought their game home, usually half a mouse. Most of
my cats were female, so I didn't feel guilty about any cat explosion.

Now I have a visitor cat. I don't know whose he is, but he's deathly
afraid of my fish and comes running into my house and hiding in the
basement. He doesn't have a collar, but he has to belong to someone.
He doesn't accept friendliness from me, but we have a standoffish
understanding. He's not the only animal afraid of my fish; the
chipmunks squeak and hop straight up if one comes near when he's
drinking. I have several bird feeders, but the birds just ignore the
cat. The poor little cat doesn't seem able to instill fear in anything.

I understand the kind advice being given here about keeping cats
indoors, but I would miss the occasional visitor. Keeping my own cats
indoors would necessitate closing my doors and windows or putting
screens all over the place even though I don't have many bugs. I would
feel trapped as much as the cats would.

Ruth Kazez

Nedra wrote:

What to do? Surely you jest Cameron ;-) What you do is - You keep

kitty
Indoors.
Make a house cat out of her. Believe me she will thank you in the long

run!

Nedra

"Happy'Cam'per" wrote in message

Thanks everyone for your comments, this is indeed going to be a problem!
I don't want to sound 2 faced by being upset that ppl are snaring birds
while my cat is galavanting in the same area stalking those exact

birds!!!
,,,Sheesh, what to do, what to do :|

Sorry Ruth for Hijacking your thread, it was not intended, slip of the
finger 8|

Regards
Cameron
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**