Old 15-10-2004, 02:48 AM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 18:50:43 -0400, "Ken Anderson"
wrote:

"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote in message
.. .

I was really disappointed in
the Bulgarian Carrot Peppers, they performed poorly, and the
peppers weren't all that tasty.

Agreed. Very poor yielding. They are too hot, and their skin is too thick
and like plastic. Why would Park's offer them? I'd like to think that a
"new" pepper would automatically be a winner. Go figure.

Hm, I would say that the heat level was what it was advertised to
be. I got my seeds from Seed Savers, and I've seen then
advertised in other catalogs. I wonder if there are slightly
different strains? Your plants weren't heat or water stressed
were they? Supposedly that can make a pepper hotter.

And, to be fair, I do know a couple of other pepper growers who
are quite happy with their Bulgarian Carrot peppers.

And they're quite welcome to them, too.

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"