Old 15-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Pam Moore

Default Tibouchina

I have a Tibouchina which has flowered well over the last 3 or 4
weeks. However it is an ungainly thing, about 30 inches high with
bare, woody stem to 20 inches, but healthy, leafy growth above. When
I was given it, it was about 8 inches with 2 shoots above soil level.
A friend suggested taking a cutting of one shoot. This I tried but
the cutting didn't root.
Has anyone grown Tibouchina?
Please can you tell me what to do with it now. Is there any chance
of it sprouting lower down?
It's in a light place in my living room with other house plants. I'd
like to get it through the winter and put it outside for next summer.
(No greenhouse).
Any advice or words of experience gratefully received.

Pam in Bristol