Old 15-10-2004, 08:37 PM
Gae Xavier

Cindy wrote:

Gae Xavier wrote:

Cindy wrote:

I have a plant in my front bed that I thought was going to be a
purple-flowered sage, but it has grown up to be a sparsely-leaved
bush with fuzzy medium-green lance-shaped leaves that smell like
some sort of herb, but I don't know what. Reminded me of juniper
berries at first. It has weird greenish-yellow fuzzy-sticky flower
buds, and the flowers are also fuzzy, maybe 1/4" across, star-shaped
and greenish-yellow. Lovely description, I know, does that sound
familiar to anyone? I don't know if it's a weed or what.

Cindy

This is Austin, TX and this is a joke, right? LOL shaking head...

No, this is Houston, TX; I'm from Montana and don't know all the native
plants here and would like to know whether I have a weed or an herb,
asshole.

Cindy

Sweet Cindy,

You are a real charmer! If this plant were in Austin, I would suspect
that it is both a "weed and a herb" and the River City's favorite
perennial. It smells even funnier when set on fire, btw.

However, since you are in Houston, I am at without a clue...

Sorry! Gae