Old 15-10-2004, 09:30 PM
Susan Erickson

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:58:28 -0400, Steve
wrote:

It does sound exciting but I'm sitting here thinking "what's the
catch?". ;-)
What does it mean when it says "Thailand agreed to maintain strict trade
control on eight endangered orchid genera." ?
Are these rules for the whole CITES world or just Thailand? What 8
genera are they talking about?

Steve

Reka wrote:
Okay, now I read it on the CITES site, so I believe it. Am I the only one who hadn't heard this yet, or isn't it the least bit
exciting to anyone else???

The fact that this group agrees does not mean that inspectors
will get the word. Or that things will happen tomorrow. This is
still a trade treaty and I am sure changes have to be ratified to
take effect, at least here.

It could be big or it could be smoke. Lets wait and see.
SuE