Old 15-10-2004, 07:54 PM
Lt. Kizhe Catson

Derek Broughton wrote in message ...
George wrote:

I'm a geologist, and have been monitoring the volcano remotely (i.e.,
online)
since the first rumble started in September. This eruption and the
Parkfield earthquake in california lasty month have kept us all very busy
and drooling
over the mountain of data these events have produced. Needless to say,
the current eruption will go down as the most closely watched, and the
most
thoroughly studied volcanic event ever in the continental U.S.

Hey George - just because it _is_ in the continental US, I suspected it
would probably be the most thoroughly monitored volcano anywhere, ever.
Not so?

Hmmm....seems to me people have been watching Kilauea [sp?] pretty
closely for several decades.

-- Kizhe