Old 16-10-2004, 01:41 AM
Dragon

Hi all
thanks very much for the great advice...from the descriptions given (and
pictures etc on the net) I believe it's a soft tree fern

Will let you know what happens...with luck this beautiful specimen will
survive
Thanks again

"Mogsy" wrote in message
yep it sounds like a dicksonia, and they only really grow from the top of
the fern, so just keep it watered and it will be fine...just keep it in
the
shade. we have them at work and they aren't even planted it the ground
they
just sit on the ground

"Dragon" wrote in message
Hi all
I have a fairly large tree fern (not sure what sort, it was there when I
bought the house) growing in the ground, which has outgrown its position
(it's overhanging/blocking a path etc).

Can these plants be moved fairly easily? And how should it be done? Have

had
a couple of well-meaning neighbours say that I can either dig the whole
thing out, or I can cut the trunk near ground level and replant it
elsewhere. As it's such a nice healthy plant, I don't want to do anything
before I get some informed advice.
Thanks
MG