Old 16-10-2004, 11:08 AM
Frogleg

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 02:10:44 GMT, "Cereus-longispinus"
wrote:

wrote i

I'm in zone 6 and its getting chilly at nights. I have Elephants Ears
in a container, and I'd like to keep it around for next year.

When do I bring it in to store the bulbs? Should I take the bulb out
or can I just store it in the container? Is just leaving the
container in the room with my other indoor plants an option?

It is amazing that nobody has ever written down anything on the winter care
of these plants. Or have they?

http://www.plantoftheweek.org/week232.shtml

http://www.gaygardener.com/gardenspot/bulbs023.phtml

Thank you, Cereus. My add-on question was answered by the first
reference. "Elephant ears" ARE the same thing as taro. I bought my
decorative plant as a vegetable this spring.