Old 16-10-2004, 01:21 PM
eptal eptal is offline
Registered User

I have geraniums and fuschias and I keep the soil as dry as I can , only giving a little water when things are looking quite droopy. It seems to attack the places where I cut back the stems , though again I cut back long before I put the plants in the greenhouse in order to let the 'wounds' seal before I take them in.

Last year I over wintered about 35 geraniums of which I was able to save about 12, and I lost all of my fuchsias.

Having just read what I have written to you it occurs to me that perhaps in letting things get too droopy they are more susceptible to disease.

Eptal