Old 16-10-2004, 04:37 PM
FACE

On 15 Oct 2004 23:12:54 -0700, (Fitz Grips) in
rec.gardens wrote:

FACE wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:32:29 -0400, Chelsea Christenson

A master gardener says they are voles and I use the nasty stuff by

the paths around my garden where they come in from other community
gardens and inside my garden my foot sinks, my water path sinks into a
hole and they just push up a little inch high bump every 8-10 feet in
solid soil. I can probe and find their tunnel system and dig down
nect to the perimeter path for the flares and stuff to keep them out.
So I have a 60X60 foot garden and that is a lot of wire but guess I
gotta since no big gopher snakes in the area. Could I pay postage for
a big one? Smile

JP

Had voles too. Never saw one but we asked the nursery what would eat the
roots off of roses (from the bottom up) and they said voles. Years ago i
used to see something advertised for voles and moles called something like
"hav-a-trap" that you put over their runs. Never used it or really saw one
but it was definitely not of the "animal-friendly" G type. Sort of a
steel cat lying in wait. Seems it was a spring loaded spike pointed
downwards that was tripped by motion underneath it. Also, I have no idea if
it would be taken into the vegetables, but since your first message i have
wondered about a little common rat poison down the holes. If it is taken up
by the plants, you can sit around the table and say "wow....look at all the
colors" as your blood thins. (Belladonna is one of the main ingredients of
common rat poison along with other nasties)

FACE