Old 16-10-2004, 05:21 PM
Anietta Anietta is offline
Registered User

Default Grape Vine

Hi
I'm new to fruit gardening and also to the forum. I live in West Sussex UK
about quarter of a mile from the sea on the South Coast.

I would like to grow a grape vine outside. My garden is south facting and the vine can either be placed south west facing, south east facing or south facing. Which would be the best orientation for it and is there any particular variety anyone can recommend which doesn't mind salt from the sea. Also do the roots from a grape vine go down deep i.e. is it best planted well away from our house.

Many thanks