Old 16-10-2004, 08:40 PM
STEPHEN PEEK

If you are going to inoculate stumps or logs, look for tulip poplar. In my
area it is the preferred substrate.
Steve
"Katra" wrote in message
In article ,
Gary Woods wrote:

Katra wrote:

At least they flushed, so the "science project" has some hope if I feed
them right this time.

I realize that the hanging festoons of weird shrooms in the movie "Men
With
Brooms" were likely oysters.
And that it's time to call my local power company and see when they're
doing line maintenance. They're more that willing to dump truckloads of
wood chips close to where they're working. I've used them for mulch in
the
past, but new horizons open...

Cheers!

Mmmm... perfect. ;-)
I had to go out of my way to find clean hardwood shavings locally. lol
Had two woodworkers willing to share as they did not want their stuff to
end up in the landfill. They were environmentally motivated. Same here.
;-) I talked to one of them about growing the Oysters and gave him a bag
of fresh mushrooms from Central Market in trade for the stuff, so _he_
kept a bag of shavings back so he can play with it as well!

Gotta love it.

Be sure to report your results! I want to "seed" some dead oak stumps
with spawn once I can get it going again.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...