Old 16-10-2004, 05:13 PM
Ray

Nope, nothing to worry about. Sounds like you're doing everything
correctly, and the plant is just done with that leaf...perfectly normal.

..
"Miller" wrote in message
I am new to orchid growing so this question may sound stupid.

I have a phal, specifically a Taipei Gold x Brother Laurence, that I
bought about two months ago. It has two spikes with blooms. Both spikes
are growing new blooms while the oldest blooms are wilting. It has grown
one new leaf which is now the same size as the others. The question: one
of the bottom leaves has turned yellow and wilted over the last month or
so. Is this normal or should I be concerned? The other leaves, about four
of them, appear very healthy.

I live in Florida and the plants are kept outdoors in a covered, screened
patio area. This plant gets about 30 minutes of direct sunlight through a
screen in the late afternoon.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Miller