Old 16-10-2004, 06:57 PM
JennyC

"eptal" wrote
JennyC Wrote:
Maybe the soil is to damp?? I try to keep most of my pots on the dry
side.
Geraniums stand this very well. Which plants do you seem to be having
the most
trouble with?
Jenny

I have geraniums and fuschias and I keep the soil as dry as I can ,

only giving a little water when things are looking quite droopy. It
seems to attack the places where I cut back the stems , though again I
cut back long before I put the plants in the greenhouse in order to let
the 'wounds' seal before I take them in.

Last year I over wintered about 35 geraniums of which I was able to
save about 12, and I lost all of my fuchsias.

Having just read what I have written to you it occurs to me that
perhaps in letting things get too droopy they are more susceptible to
disease.
Eptal

I think I probably prune my geraniums and fuchsias harder than you do. I don't
have a lot of stems with leaves, more twiggy dead looking things !

Pics at : http://eesc.orst.edu/agcomwebfile/edmat/FS1.pdf

Jenny