Old 17-10-2004, 03:15 AM
Dwayne

I was told to make the row run North and South. That way both sides of the
vine will get sunshine. I couldn't run them that way because my property
was on a slight incline, so I ran them East and West. My wife ate all the
grapes while she was mowing, and we moved before they really started
producing.

Dwayne

"Anietta" wrote in message

Hi
I'm new to fruit gardening and also to the forum. I live in West
Sussex UK
about quarter of a mile from the sea on the South Coast.

I would like to grow a grape vine outside. My garden is south facting
and the vine can either be placed south west facing, south east facing
or south facing. Which would be the best orientation for it and is
there any particular variety anyone can recommend which doesn't mind
salt from the sea. Also do the roots from a grape vine go down deep
i.e. is it best planted well away from our house.

Many thanks

--
Anietta